Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Azalea makes it here!


Well I figure I should write about this before the dendrites are selectively removed from my brain. You don't use it you lose it remember!

So I had gestational diabetes. At 36 weeks I was encouraged to get this baby out and not go pass 40 weeks.

I did it all . Birthing ball, walking, evening prim rose oil. She said, "no way jose". I'm not ready. I started to get the stretch marks. Did more. Still no bambina.

Week 40: we "Practiced"

Micah said "once this flower blooms she'll come". I sprayed it everyday, twice a day.

Due date loomed over my head. Went to an appt. Was scheduled for induction on Monday. Scared- had heard nastys about pictocin. I said, "no way Jose"!

Went to get accupuncture. Had more contractions. Is this really for real this time?

First timer, went in to get checked. Early stages. "you want to labor at home ? I'll give you 2 ambien so you can rest up for later"

Micah, "yes please"

Drive down contruction zone for 2 miles. Dilated 2. 100% effaced.

Go home, take ambien. Never fall asleep. Start saying that I need a squid or lobster suit to have labor.

Micah drives me back. Can't remember. Mention the suits again. (turns out we were watching friends and phoebe and Charlie sheen were wearing oven Mits to prevent from stratching the chicken pox-phoebes were lobster claws).

Another check. Progress. One more centimeter. Cool. Pain not cool. Doped up- yes.

"what were you thinking as far as an epideral? "

I want all my options.

"okay she can have one whenever she is ready"

Pain. Oh boy, can even think. Jokes are over this is serious.

Okay time to feel better. Give me the drugs.

Dr. Payne comes in to save the day! That is his real name!!!! I loved this part.

Micah steps out- comes back in. How do you feel? Indicate with two quick eyebrow lifts.

Both of us sleep for 4 hours. More progress- now a 7. Whoop whoop!

" I'm turning down your epideral now so you can gain feeling in your legs".

This is supposed to get ugly. That's what they said in the class.

Not bad. Sit straight up. Feel a bubble of pain in my right hip. Call dr payne about this pain. "wait", says the nurse. "I'll check you again".

10 cm. Time to push. Okay. Call in the nursery lady. "we'll have 30 mins before she gets wisked away" try to nurse her. Okay!

"I'm going to break your bag of water now." Meconium ( babies first pooh) comes out instead of clear fluid. "skin to skin" out of the question now.

Push nĂºmero UNO: heart rate goes down like an enemy flighter plane.

The scramble begins!

" turn this way. Put this oxygen mask on, call the nicu, get the ob out of that csection and tell her to come asap"

It's happened before. No panic. They have seen this and i do what they say. It's like watching an orchestra play their hundreth show only the mistro is in scrubs and a face sheild.

Micah: " what's going on? Who are all these people?" confusion sets in.

Get a quick shot to stop contractions cold turkey.

Heart rate recovers. "Let's give it an hour for her to relax and try again." Alright fine.

3 hours go by instead. Got the pictocin anyway. The contractions needed to be started again!

Whatever just get her here.

Back comes the midwife. "sorry I had to deliver someone real quick". You were napping don't lie:)

Okay let's do this. Do you want to watch? "I don't know. Weird! Well will it help me push better?"

I guess.

"dad hold her leg" Micah was planning on the ol' stand by your head thing and cut the umbilical cord if it's not to scary plan.

Puts on his rose colored glasses and does it. Don't look too closely okay.

Push for 1 hour. Don't sweat. Still had my makeup on. Didn't want to scare the kid looking all tore up from the floor up.
Put it on when dr payne was on my nice list still.

"ring of fire" "keep pushing" "you're doing good" this last comment reminds me of legends of the fall when brad Pitt tells his little brother that as he's dying. I'm not dying though. Life is not on it's way out it's on it's way in.

" I see hair "
"does she looks like Elvis?because I did when i was a baby!" like I remember :)

Here she comes feel her head. Squishy. "micah you've got to feel this". "fine, bounderies what?"

Help pull her out. 3 of us . Is this my baby. Hello little swollen princess. Cry. Micah kisses me. Hugs . Dads heart stolen. Pictures galore. "sir you'll have plenty of time to take pictures later" " we have to get these tubes down her throat to get the poops out" ooopppss.

"she can have ice cream anytime she wants. I don't care what anyone says I have the cutest baby." "does she look like me?"

"just a few more stitches here." Ouch I feel that now.

Latch good, feed her. Time to go now. Beatles song plays in my head. You know the one they completely killed on the target commercials.

Recovery time. That's a whole different post.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Cami said...

Ah the birth story. You DID it! And now you have one. And hopefully not too many stretch marks. :)

Jeri said...

Funny! Did you mean it to be funnny! It was....and super sweet at the same time. =)

Blog Archive